Come take a walk with the dinosaurs, tour the world-renown Canadian Light Source, play with critters, learn how to pan for gold and much much more! Visit us at the Geology Building on the University of Saskatchewan campus on Saturday May 13th, from 10am to 3pm.
If you’re arriving by car you can park at the Education Parking lot (purple) and walk to the Geology building (red). If you’re arriving by bus you’ll arrive at Place Riel (blue), and then walk to the Geology building (red). There are also bike racks situated right outside of the Geology building as well.
There are scheduled tours of the Canadian Light Source at 11am and 1:30pm, and tours of the Rayner Dairy Barn at 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm.
This science-packed extravanganza will feature numerous exhibits and hands-on activities including:
- Mining activities!
- Virus demonstrations!
- Agriculture activity and demonstration!
- Health and Medicine activities!
- An Insect activity and display!
- Canadian Light Source tour!!
- Computer Science Educational Game!
- Display of furs and bones by the Saskatoon Chapter of the Wildlife Society!
- Snake display and activity!
- Fun with Chemistry– menthos rockets and more!
- Baby Wild Animal display and activity!
- Geology activities by Sally Meadows– author of The Two Trees
- Chromatophore and Aquatic Camouflage Demonstration
- Whatever Floats Your boat design challenge
- Minerals Kit – Geology Activity
- Microscope Activity
- Make-your-own-candy DNA
- A standing wave machine!
- Museum of Natural Sciences Tour
- Rayner Dairy Research and Teaching Facility Tour
- Evolution, Natural Selection Activity
- Standing Waves Activity
- Science in Colour
- Fun with Fossils
- Spaghetti and Marshmallow Building Design Challenge
Follow the event on Facebook for recent updates, photos, and more!