Join us for Simon Fraser University’s Science Rendezvous 2017. An exciting day full of interesting things to see and do, artistic performances and educational demonstrations and explorations at SFU’s Burnaby Mountain campus on Saturday, May 13, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., rain or shine. We’re opening our doors to showcase the spirit and essence of Simon Fraser University.
- Liquid nitrogen ice-cream making
- Interactive activities & magic tricks
- Science Shows
- Tour of the Trottier Observatory & Science Courtyard
Science Rendezvous is the largest science festival in Canada that seeks to engage the public (and especially kids!) through interactive science activities, demonstrations, and laboratory experiences at various locations across Canada every year on the Saturday before Mother’s Day. The 2017 event takes place on Saturday, May 13th in conjunction with International Astronomy Day.
Participants can explore dozens of hands-on science activities and demonstrations that will delight all ages at the South and East hallways of the Academic Quadrangle at SFU’s Burnaby campus, Saturday, May 13th from 11 am – 3 pm.
- The Wonders of Gases (50 mins)
- Register for the free 12 pm show here
- Register for the free 1:30 pm show here
- Free admission to all shows, activities, talks and tours.
- Complimentary parking offered in East Parking lot
- Open to participants of all ages.
- Pre-registration Link