Saturday, May 7 @ 10 AM – 3 PM
Free fun for all ages!!!
Come explore the world of Science at one of the two Winnipeg festival locations:
- University of Manitoba, Fort Garry campus: Engineering and Information Technology Complex, 75 Chancellors Circle
View Google map of University of Manitoba including parking information.
- Free prizes and helium balloons!!!
- Chemistry Magic Show
- Cretaceous Menagerie Museum
- Guided tours of state-of-the-art research labs and equipment
- Physics and Astronomy research, workshops, and tours; click here for more information
- Interactive activities and displays, including:
- Aerostat mini-blimp
- All-electric ATV
- Artificial blood vessels
- Bread and Honey – from field to plate
- Buzzing bees!
- Candy DNA
- Cola taste test
- Earthquake simulator
- Formula race cars
- Play Plinko
- Race car simulator (come try it!)
- Sew an E. Coli
- Slimey Surprises and Magic Mud
- Strawberry DNA Extraction
- Textile fibres under the microscope
Participating groups @ UM
- Collège Universitaire de Saint-Boniface
- University of Manitoba
- Faculty of Agriculture and Food Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment, Earth, and Resources
- Faculty of Human Ecology
- Faculty of Science
- Let’s Talk Science
- Free pizza, prizes, and helium balloons!!!
- Tour of ICSL student laboratories
- Exhibits and interactive displays from UW Anthropology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Geography, including:
- Superconducting magnets
- Chromatography flowers
Participating groups @ ICSC
- Biomedical Youth Program, University of Manitoba
- Faculty of Science, University of Winnipeg
- Let’s Talk Science, University of Winnipeg
Stay tuned for more!